Botany is the scientific study of plants. "Plants," to most people, means a wide range of living organisms from the smallest bacteria to the largest living things - the giant sequoia trees. By this definition plants include: algae, fungi, lichens, mosses, ferns, conifers and flowering plants.
If you’re an educational professional who are looking to progress into Agronomy, Agrostology, Algology., Arboriculture, Bacteriology, and Bryology, this is the best degree for you.
|Teaching Staff :||Non-Teaching Staff :|
|Permanent : 03||Lab Instructor : 0|
|Temporary : 01||Lab Bearer : 02|
The Parent Teachers’ Meet (PTM) of the Department of Botany was held on 04/11/19 under the Presidentship of Dr. Utpal Dutta ,HOD. The meeting constituted a new committee for the next academic session.
Apart from the academic activities and achievements, Department also encourage its students to engage themselves in diverse co-curricular activities, as a result of which many of our students have secured prizes and positions in different National, Inter-College and Institution level. Some of the latest achievements obtained by our present students are listed below:
1. Diganta Satnami : Sailing expedition of NE Region from Biswanath Chariali to Pandu Port in Lachit 1 from 16/10/19 to 25/10/19
2. Liton Baruah selected and attended the NCC Camp at Bordumsa,A.P. (Army)-10 Assam Bn.NCC.
1. Uddipta Borthakur, a student presented a paper entitled “ To study antimicrobial activity of Solanum xanthocarpum Schard & Wendl. Fruit against different types of oral bacteria”in a technical Session in the National Seminar on Application of Nanotechnology and Biotechnology organized by Sibsagar College under DBT Star College Scheme on the 26th-28th September, 2019.
3. Nirnita Gogoi participated in Virtual International Diplomatic Summit 2020 held on 29-30th April zia ZOOM app. She represented as delegate of South Korea in Committee UNGA-ECOSOC with the agenda being “Economic and Social Development of Societies in Accordance to Sustainable Development in Post COVID 19 Era “. – She got Honourable mention.
4. Nirnita Gogoi participated in YIC 2020 (Youth India Conclave ) held on 2nd and 3rd May via Zoom App. She represented as delegate of Italy in in Committee UNHCR ( United Nations High Commission for Refugees with the agenda “ Post Resettlement Conditions for Refugees in Europe and South East Asia” She awarded special mention along with Spain and Japan. The guest speaker Aaron Mirza, the Spokesman of Indian Youth Congress State of Karnataka and Setu Sharma , General Secretary , HANMUN ( Himachal Assam Nepal MUN Circuit) praised Nirnita for her outstanding performance and invited her for future collaboration programme. She has been awarded Honourable Mention.
5. Diganta Satnami has participated in the enduring material titled Mechanical Ventilation for COVID 19 on 14th November,2020 and awarded 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM organized by Harvard Medical School.
1. Best team in Cultural Rally competition in the Annual College Week Competition ,2020
2. Nirnita Gogoi, Ankita Saikia, Garima Hatimuria, Purabi Dohutia and Emon Phukan participated in Science Model Competition in the National Seminar on Application of Nanotechnology and Biotechnology organized by Sibsagar College under DBT Star College Scheme on the 26th-28th September,2019 .
3. Students of the Department regularly publish the Departmental wall magazine PARIJAT each year .
4. Students of the Department has published a hand written magazine “ Parijat – the flower of the Heaven” on the5th of September,2019 under the leadership of 6th Semester students. It was edited by Sri Ujjal Dutta, a 6th semester student.
Sibsagar College, Joysagar
District - Sivasagar (Assam) 785665
Mon – Fri 9:00A.M. – 5:00P.M.